Saturday, October 6, 2007

Testimonial Dinner and Basement

It is the day we have been waiting for because it is our chance to see our batch mates after graduating last March. Everybody was excited and at the same time wondering because as we received the text message that there will be a testimonial dinner. Everybody's question was "Is it for free?" and yes it was as everyone who received the message was expected to call the Dean's secretary to confirm their attendance and could inquire about the incoming event. It was held at the Mondragon House. We are wondering why the venue was there thinking that the school would rather choose to held occasions like this in the school ground, saving them money since it is only for free. Luckily for us that it was held outside the school grounds and for the fact that the Mondragon House was located in Makati.

Around 5pm, I was all set to the said event and I was supposed to accompany my other classmates to the venue since they never knew where it was, but because of a saying "family first", I decided to go with my family since it's my brother's birthday the other day and my mother decided that we should have dinner that night.

Around 7 to 8pm, I was at the Paseo Center specifically at Teriyaki Boy eating dinner, I didn't ate much because I was expected to come to the testimonial dinner later that night. I was texting my other classmates that was already there and asking if the event has already started and he said that it was and they were already having their dinner.

At 8pm, I was dropped by the Mondragon House and I thought that I was the only one who came late but when I went up to the second floor where the event was held, luckily for me that there were many of us who were late. After signing the attendance and after presenting the new registered nurses, we decided to enter the hall and start to find my group of friends. I had the chance to eat even though that dinner was already over and the program started a few minutes ago.

As the program went by at the same time we mingle to our batch mates and our professors, saying our hi and hello's to them. After an hour the program was finished and was closed by singing our alma mater hymn. And of course the photo session with the whole batch, together with the school administrators and our professors. Everyone with digital camera's flaunt it with their friends. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't have batteries since it's batteries was so expensive yet it's life's use was only short. I also had the chance to talk to our Dean, since she had helped us when we were filing our application in PRC Baguio and I also told her that we were just neighbors. She even offered me a ride home, but of course I would rather not accept it and just made an alibi that my parents were waiting for me downstairs, which is not true.

After all the photo sessions and the event was already done, gimik time is next and we are undecided to where to go. Our other friends decided to went home and the other half wants to hang out somewhere. We ended up going to Libis specifically at the Basement with an entrance fee of P200 inclusive of 3 drinks which we could choose from an iced tea and beer.

I didn't have the chance to dance since the music played inside was not my type. I'd rather look to those who were dancing and the people around. Around 2am, three of our friends decided to go home and we intend to stay until 4am. We just went at the stage and seated there for an hour and had my chit chat with my friends since I asked them a favor to stay at least up to 5am there because it was still dark and it is dangerous in our area around that time to go home riding a bus. At last the sun started to shine when we reached the Pasay area and decided to ride a jeep going home. c",)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 day's ahead