Wednesday, November 26, 2008

An Expensive Haircut

I was supposed to let my hair grew longer because I want my curls back and for a change in my looks but its been more than 2 months since my last haircut. I go to Fix in Glorietta 4 for my haircut since junior high for our prom, since then I became a loyal fan of having my hair done there but only for special occasions. Mike was the one doing my hair every time I go there. I also tried Fix in another branch but the stylist there can't make my hair short and the style I like, which Mike can. So I didn't try the other branch of Fix from then on and just stick to the Glorietta branch.

As a background, there are 3 classifications of hair stylist in Fix a long time ago, there is the barber, which is the cheapest and the most affordable one, there is the hairstylist A and the Senior hairstylist, which are pretty pricey. I could still remember how Mike grew from that salon. He started only as a barber with having a hair that looks like a witch broom. As I said, I only went for a haircut there for special occasions so that would be 2 to 4 months in between every visit. Then the years went on and of course there are changes in the salon that has been made, the price went up from PHP 140 to PHP 210 (i really can't remember the exact amount) and the barber category was already gone. My hairstylist Mike went up from being a barber to being a hairstylist. Then there's the another price hike from PHP 210 to PHP 265.

While waiting for my friends, I decided to have a haircut and I went to the reception area to ask if Mike was there because I thought it was his off and the girl said that he is available. I was shocked when the girl in the reception area told me that the haircut now was already worth PHP 350, so I asked right away "since when did your salon had this price?" and the girl said since October 1. At first I was hesitant because it was already getting very pricey for me. But since I seldom got my hair fix, I gave it a shot. While waiting for my turn, I noticed that the salon is not that crowded anymore unlike before where some of the customers are standing up already waiting for their turn. The stylists too are only a handful.

So I was already called to be seated and waited there for I think 10 minutes without some one asking me that I should go to have a shampoo first. I was in a hurry that time because my friends already arrived and was already waiting for me. The girl beside me was having her haircut too. At last, I was shampooed and waited for 10 minutes again and when Mike went out from their quarters I thought it was my turn for a haircut but he passed over me and went to the girl beside me. It was not yet my turn and I was in a hurry. The assistant gave me 2 magazines to read but it was not the latest magazines because I've already read them from my previous haircut sessions. I hate it when my hairstylist is in a hurry when its my turn because I've waited long enough then he is rushing to cut my hair. My turn came and he is rushing again. I was disappointed though half pitiful because there are only 3 stylist that day and they are the only ones who are rotating as I have heard.

With the high-priced haircut and the service not that worthy anymore because of the long waiting, not that accommodating service, rushing stylist, I've decided that it would be my last haircut there. Anyway it has been the same style he is doing in my hair even though I asked him a different one that would suit me. I'll try the salon near our place instead. They are just PHP 70 per haircut, way far from Fix. I'm just regretting that I have to change my salon for almost 7 years. c",)

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 day's ahead